I have lectured Information Retrieval (MSc) consecutively from 2013 until 2017; and Web and Database Technologies (BSc, with Claudia Hauff) consecutively from 2013 until 2020. I have been Course Coordinator of the 1st year course Metropolitan Data 1 (MSc Metropolitan Analysis, Design and Engineering), AMS Institute.
The page is currently under construction
Supervised Master Students
-  Yu Liu. Improve the Mobility Situation around the ArenAPoort during Event. In collaboration with the Municipality of Amsterdam.
-  Elyn Caili Wu. Design knowledge sharing platform for designers. In collaboration with Accenture Interactive.
-  Panagiotis Solis. Global Interpretation of Image Classification Models via SEmantic Feature Analysis (SEFA).
-  Shengfeng Gu. Improving Search Relevance Feedback through Human Centered Design.
-  Natasa Rikalo. Design for an automated system for research on genetic diseases.
-  Gerard van Alphen. A multi-platform crowd-mapping application for urban object mapping using street-level imagery. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of HCOMP2020.
-  Jeroen ter Haar Romenij. Empowering Academic Graduate Job Search: The Design and Validation of a Task-Based Vacancy Platform.
-  George Dimitropoulos. Detecting and Mitigating Bias in Machine Learning Image Data through Semantic Description of the Attention Mechanism: The use-case Gender Bias in Profession Prediction from Images.
-  Manolis Manousogiannis. Medical Concept Normalization in User-Generated Text.
-  Sharad Shriram. A Human-Machine Approach to Preserve Privacy in Image Analysis Crowdsourcing Tasks.
-  Enreina Annisa Rizkiasri. Crowdsourced Knowledge Base Construction using Text-Based Conversational Agents.
-  Neha Thuraka. Text-based conversational interface as an alternative to a crowdsensing mobile application.
-  Owen Huang. Enabling Human Computation through Text-Based Conversational Agents. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of UMAP2019.
-  Vasileios Milias. Extracting the Cognitive Sense of Place from Place-Based Web Data.
-  Roos de Kok. Analysing Individual Energy Consumption Behaviour using Social Media Data. The thesis work has been published in the Energy journal.
-  Bas de Bock. Description and prediction of traffic events through social data.
-  Agathe Balayn. Characterising and Mitigating Aggregation-Bias and its potential Unfairness in Crowdsourced Toxicity Annotations for the prediction of subjective properties. In collaboration with IBM Netherlands. The thesis work has been published.
-  Septian Gilang Permana Putra. Forecasting of financial status of SMEs with Social Data. In collaboration with Exact. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of ICWE2020.
-  Aditi Rawat. Cross-Platform Expertise Characterisation for Question Routing.
-  Hendra Hadhil Choiri. Quantifying and Predicting Urban Attractiveness with Street-View Data and Convolutional Neural Networks. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of the 2018 Annual Meeting American Association of Geographers.
-  Arkka Arkka Dhiratara. A Knowledge Discovery Framework for Understanding Energy Consumption Behavior using Social Data.
-  Sambit Praharaj. Data Analytics in Web-based Education in the Higher-education Classroom. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of UMAP 2017.
-  Rucha Bapat. Helping Chatbots To Better Understand User Requests Efficiently Using Human Computation. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of ICWE 2018.
-  Gregory Afentoulidis. Gamification in Enterprise Crowdsourcing. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of WebSci 2018.
-  Carlo Van der Valk. Worker communities in online crowdsourcing markets. The thesis work has been published in the proceedings of HCOMP 2018.
Supervised Bachelor Students